Tuesday 27 November 2007

44. Learn 5 ways to make tofu.

Status: 1/5

I am not the greatest vegetarian. In fact, I flat out refused to eat vegetables until I was 17. Not entirely sure how I'm alive, actually. It defies modern science that I did not come down with scurvy.

My parents would always say "you'll like them someday" and I'd scream, dramatically, "NEVER!" Well, grudgingly I now have to admit that they were right (though I still hate peas!) Vegetables are yum, and eating right is where it's at! Which is why I should eat more tofu (also because when I tried to donate blood I was told that no one wants that "protein-weak water" running through my veins) but it's just so......nothing. It tastes like nothing! Up until now I'd only eat tofu in the deep-fried grease-laden variety from Oodle Noodle Box. To health it up a bit I brought out my treasured copy of "Eat, Shrink, and be Merry" and made "Parma Chameleon". Tofu parmesan! It was so good that I forgot I was eating tofu!

When my roomate, who shall remain unnamed, walked into the kitchen, she exclaimed, "Jackie, what did you make?? It smells so good!", and when I told her what it was, she cringed! Poor tofu, such a bad rep.........

Now I imagine I'll have to get on the next 4 soon as I've got half a block of the stuff rotting in my fridge.

2 comments:

matt said...

See, now I'm torn. On the one hand, I love parmesan. On the other, it's tofu.

If you could somehow combine tofu and Ribena, then I'd have a quandary on my hands!

Apologies for the clumsy mixed hand metaphors.

Bodie said...

I guess ur just making up for alll the times u didn't eat veggies...

However i can't believe u don't like peas! i can eat those frozen LOL

tofu is good i like it, also that noodle place sounds good!