Thursday 1 November 2007

34. Go Trick-or-Eating for the food bank on Halloween again.

Status: Done for this year!

I'd consider myself a fairly charitable person, I do what I can, but this deed for the campus food bank was far from selfless. I have to admit, I do this every year because I have yet to truly grow-up, and I'm not ready to give up trick-or-treating! The costumes! The candy! The excitement! The candy! Running around in the dark on a spooky night! The candy! The liquor??

It's not all fun, as I had to haul around the incredible things people would donate to the food bank....a massive tub of peanut butter, 3 gigantic jugs of juice....I had to lug around a tin can of beans that I'm positive weighed more than me. But the fun parts are VERY fun! Reliving one's childhood by dressing up and begging for candy, while still benefiting from the perks of adulthood and being offered alcohol while begging for candy. In particular, we were given a 6-pack which was devoured promptly en route, and I had the "adult treat" at one house which consisted of a vodka shot washed down with chocolate. Felt a bit strange to be downing hard liquor whilst small children dressed as fairies and superheroes came to the door for candy.

Afterwards while indulging in a nourishing meal at Boston Pizza (aka - more beer) loot was compared and negotiations were made. Turns out I ended up with way less candy than everyone else, but joke's on them because we all have to be in bikini's in Mexico in 4 months.

On a sidenote, I love Halloween and am sad that it's over. The things that you see! I saw a guy dressed as Luigi from Mario Bros. running frantically for the bus, and I got the fast-paced Mario music in my head (you know, when you're running out of time near the end and you're rushing toward the castle to bring down the flag) Not to mention this lego man that was strolling around campus all day.

Until next year!

3 comments:

matt said...

Wait, wait, wait... you gave peanut butter?

Are you feeling okay?

Jackie West said...

I didn't give it! I just wasn't cruel-hearted enough to pocket it!

Bodie said...

i'd be more concered about the fact she accepted vodka from someone and puts it as an "adult treat" ... but that lego man is cool! and i wonna see the luigi pic!