Friday 21 September 2007

62. Do not swear for one whole week.

Status: In progress - starting Friday, September 21 at 2pm, and ending Friday, September 28 at 2pm.

Ever since I begged little Jamie Downey on the playground in grade one to reveal to me what exactly the "F" word was, I've had a bit of a dirty mouth. I agree, it's not becoming on me, and now, on the cusp of adulthood, I've realized that something needs to be done about it.

I came to this realization yesterday after having your bog-standard miserable day. Actually said "fuck" to my lab TA as I handed in my calculus quiz, spewed a dramatic stream of "shit-damn-ass-whore-rape-titty-fucking" to my roomate (who was quite amused) when she didn't have a loonie for my 4 quarters, and stood in line at the convenience store for the simple exchange of 4 quarters for a loonie muttering similar obscenities under my breath at the guy ahead of me taking ages to buy a lottery ticket (Definition: ages - about 3 minutes.)

We're all like sailors on this campus, as we only ever interact with people aged 18-25. However, one day I may actually finish university and be introduced back into the real world (god forbid!), where I might have to mind my mouth. More than allowing me to be around small children and the elderly, I believe that cutting back on swearing could actually help my psyche - by not working me up into a frenzy over the little things in life.

What I'm hoping to take away from this week is a calm and collected approach to adversity, so the next time I come across " lim x-> 0 (-sin^2x/x)(1/cosx+1) =lim x->0 (-sinx)(sinx)/x(1/cosx+1)" on an exam, instead of screaming "Motherfucker!" in my head, I'll be able to focus clearly and solve the problem.

4 comments:

matt said...

Hell of a task!

matt said...

Status: Failed

You just said "bitch" in a conversation with me!

Bodie said...

haha this task i wouldn't pass lol not mentally haha, altho you should clarify if ti's a quote then ok? haha and maybe bitch referring to the non swearing kind hahaha.

So i see you have go to Spice girls concert haha i said to matt i'd go with you since i know he does not like the salt i mean spice girls haha
so for some reason i liek them the british in me atleast thats what i say! (i'd reference lyrics but matt would not approve)

so i'd totally slam it to the left, when i'm havin a good time. Shake it to the right because i know it feels right. Shake it to the front ha ha and go rrrround.

so i'll just slap my body round and ziga ziga ahh (or something like that) and runaway.

YAY for lameness.

Jackie West said...

Stop right now. Thank you very much.

(I need somebody with a human tooouuuuch!)

I'm trying to get tickets in Vancouver or Toronto! We are so there!