Monday 19 November 2007

18. Make all the cheesecakes in my cheesecake book.


Status: 6 out of 30.

I would not consider myself to be the greatest of cooks. I burn absolutely everything that I place in a frying pan, and could not make cookies to save my life. I bought pre-made cookie dough once, and somehow set it on fire in the oven. But strangely, I have found my niche in the baking world with cheesecakes. I just looooove making cheesecakes, the batter (being the most delicious stage of any baked good) is more sugary and addictive than anything else you'd find in a bakery, and it's nearly impossible to screw up (says the girl who can't bake cookies!)

So for years now it's been my 'thing' to make cheesecakes. Last year for Christmas my mom gave me a little book of fancy cheesecakes (which was a conflict of interest, as she loves my cheesecakes), and I would like to take the opportunity to cross off the ones I've made since adding this challenge to my list (and a few that were made post-101 in 1001 list, but deserve to be counted dammit!) Good and done are: chocolate-cranberry cheesecake (made for Christmas dinner last year), mint chocolate chip cheesecake (it was like eating chocolate and brushing your teeth at the same time!), chocolate swirl cheesecake, cafe au lait cheesecake, peach cheesecake, and white chocolate cheeecake.

Next on the docket: White chocolate raspberry cheesecake (my roomate's choice), and eggnog cheesecake for Christmas!

How many do you think you can eat, Matt?

3 comments:

matt said...

Loads.

So you better have some cooking tasks left for when I arrive! Because if the only task left is for me to help you clean out your room...

Trudy said...

mmmm cheesecake. I mean, Hi Jackie!

As a friend of Matt's and a creepy ardent follower of your blog I thought it was about time I introduced myself.

HI!!!

Nice cheesecakes! ;-)

kit and nancy. said...

it's all about the icing bag when it comes to cupcakes, promise!

i'll get matt to take you one of the beasts that i so adore. you can ice cheesecakes, sweet pies or even matt's coffees. :/

i'm going to give a banoffee pie a go...what you reckon?

ps. antm rocks my junky world.