Sunday 28 October 2007

55. Read "The Poisonwood Bible" again.

Status: Complete

I read this book for a mandatory english class waaaaay back in first year university (5 years ago! Eeek!) I thought I liked it, but it's hard to enjoy something properly when you're constantly skimming for appropriate quotes to fill up the 10 pager on the underlying themes of the book due the next week. Especially since my professor for this class dressed in attire that can only be described as the 'matador look'. So I thought I'd give the Poisonwood Bible another shot now as a mature and rational scholar. (A mature and rational scholar who, the other night, got drunk, stole two shopping carts, found two hockey sticks, and used these stolen objects to joust in the street...before crashing into a bush, and looking up to two police officers hovering over her.)

And seeing as how I finished this 550 page book in a mere 4 days, I'd say that I liked it very much indeed!

3 comments:

matt said...

Aw, I'm so proud!

(That you can read that many pages in such a short space of time, obviously. The rest of the post makes me very disappointed indeed, Jackelyn!)

*shakes head*

Bodie said...

how much of that was true because it seems to be quite hilarious if it is indeed ture...

Jackie West said...

All of it was true! Except of course when I say "other day" I mean "about 6 months ago".