Tuesday 9 October 2007

33. Go home for Thanksgiving

Status: Completed - And hopefully repeated indefinitely!

Thanksgiving is like a pre-holiday season holiday, it warms you up for the sugar induced comatose state that surrounds Halloween, and the traditional face-stuffing that is Christmas.

For the past few years I've been straining myself at the holiday season - pulling stomach and jaw ligaments - because I have not been able to make it home for Thanksgiving! I was improperly trained, and my eating muscles were nowhere near ready.

Well, this year I will be a well-oiled eating machine come Christmas - as, for the first time in 4 years, I was actually able to make it home for Thanksgiving. I warned my mother that, after an uncomfortable flight at an hour that doesn't even exist (6:30 am, who ever heard of it??) , the food had better be plentiful.

And was it ever! Yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, perogies....all drenched in a healthy dose of gravy. Not to mention pumpkin pie and cheesecake (replace "gravy" with "ice cream").

I'm still so-oooooooooooooooooooo full! I'm looking to start eating again a week from next Thursday.

1 comment:

matt said...

But if I wanted cheesecake with gravy, I could get it, right?

Sort of an aside of your haircut-related tasks - I had mine cut today. Since I've been away, my barber has gone insane. He inexplicably alternates accents, while banging on about miracles performed in his church. I tried bringing up the weather, but before I knew it, we were back on the 80-year-old stroke victim who was running around the church yesterday! Think I'll be happier with the barber I had in Edmonton who thought I was from Austria.