Friday 5 October 2007

40. Go back to my highschool cafeteria and get a banana chocolate chip muffin.

Status: Deliciously Completed!


In my highschool cafeteria, the banana chocolate chip muffin was far superior to all the "food" they immorally sold us. The perogies were slimy, the soup was just hot water, the chicken burger was......meat. In a land of tasteless, cliched bad lunchroom cuisine, the banana chocolate chip muffin shone like a light from.....a normal dining experience. But if you didn't get to school 3 hours before classes even started (note - blatant exaggeration) then you weren't getting a muffin. Rare was a day when they weren't sold out before the first bell. And since I always had blankets torn off / curtains ripped open starts to my mornings in highschool, actually getting one of these muffins was a delicacy indeed.


The last time I had one was in 2003, the year I graduated. And I've always vowed to return (bright and early) to snatch one away from a deserving little student. Well - I cheated a bit on this. My sister went and got it for me. But it's my list and I'm counting it dammit! And it was nostalgically delicious!


So if you're looking for me at the Hapnot Collegiate Grad 2003 reunion in 20 years, I'll be the one licking out the muffin pan in cafeteria.

3 comments:

matt said...

Actually, I had the same scenario with donuts at our school tuckshop (as we call 'em here). Delicious, sweet, fatty things. Icing so dense with sugar your teeth will rot before you even open your mouth.

So I totally empathise.

And I'm craving muffins now.

CaseyJones said...

What? You hadn't had one since you graduated? I get you a muffin every damn time you come home! You're obviously ungrateful. You should be nicer to me, as it is my last year here, and will not have access to muffins after this.

Jackie West said...

You do not! You get me a chocolate chip one! Never a banana chocolate chip one!

I am SO hard done by.