Monday 24 March 2008

58. Go to a sea lion show at the mall.

Status: Somewhere between patronized and adoring.

I've been meaning to drop in on West Edmonton Mall's delightful sea lions ever since last summer, when Matt came round and we spent copious amounts of time wandering the mall. In between (yet again, copious) visits to the dragon, we'd stop and watch these silly creatures in the midst of their natural, everyday routine: splashing around and dancing to "Walking on Sunshine". Having another Australian in town (Ash) who enjoys time away from the TV (unlike Bodie), sent us once again back to the mall for bountiful periods of time, and provided me with the perfect opportunity to drag Matt and Ash to the Sea Life Caverns to see these lions of the sea at work.


Despite the show being tailored to embryos, and the infuriating know-it-all kid behind me eagerly (and correctly, the brat) answering every question the presenter posed (I wanted to ask him if he gets beat up at school), I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just watching these slippery animals dance like Matt's brother, and roll around on the floor, was enough to ensure me that my $4 spent was not in vain.
Their fat, blubbery, strange cuteness was almost enough for me to dismiss the show's crude sound effects. Almost.

3 comments:

matt said...

Special guest appearance by Oscar the Iguana, who just, well, sat there, imagining he was whipping know-it-all brats with his tail.

Bodie said...

hey! i would have come but did i not have to work/ was sick because of your mexican whorehay flu!!!! and besides i work at a bar i'm allowed to watch tv on my days off :P

Trudy said...

hahaha i love the random drop in comment from Aparelho.

especially the ending.

A hug.